Digi Scrapbook Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid Electronics

4 posters

Go down

Stupid Electronics Empty Stupid Electronics

Post  Sarah Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:52 pm

As those who were involved in last night's speed scrap, I was having problems with my laptop. Well, here's The Rest of the Story

*grumble*
I just had to completely reset my laptop.
Doofus me didn't back up ANY of the recent layouts I did, so the only things I have from them now are the 600x600 previews Sad
Thankfully, I only lost Aprils, as far as I know.

What happened, you might be asking?
Norton did an update that caused PSP to stop working [along with each and every other program]. So, my attempts to fix it just made it worse. Sad
So, I did a System Restore. Instead of agreeing to back-up, which I could have just dragged from the main HD to my external, I went "do restore".
*grumble*

I'm the first one to go "back-up, back-up, back-up". Heck, I'd just DONE a back-up, but I didn't back up my recent creations. I was going to upload them to flickr, but never got around to it.

Please, someone, beat me with something!!

I'm currently on my husband's computer while the laptop resets everything.
Sarah
Sarah
ScrapManiac Intern

http://tm2ts.sarahsmidnightfantasy.com

Back to top Go down

Stupid Electronics Empty Re: Stupid Electronics

Post  missdamsel Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Sorry to hear about your issues! But here it is at your request lashes

Sarah wrote:As those who were involved in last night's speed scrap, I was having problems with my laptop. Well, here's The Rest of the Story

*grumble*
I just had to completely reset my laptop.
Doofus me didn't back up ANY of the recent layouts I did, so the only things I have from them now are the 600x600 previews Sad
Thankfully, I only lost Aprils, as far as I know.

What happened, you might be asking?
Norton did an update that caused PSP to stop working [along with each and every other program]. So, my attempts to fix it just made it worse. Sad
So, I did a System Restore. Instead of agreeing to back-up, which I could have just dragged from the main HD to my external, I went "do restore".
*grumble*

I'm the first one to go "back-up, back-up, back-up". Heck, I'd just DONE a back-up, but I didn't back up my recent creations. I was going to upload them to flickr, but never got around to it.

Please, someone, beat me with something!!
I'm currently on my husband's computer while the laptop resets everything.
missdamsel
missdamsel
Admin

http://www.damseldesigns.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmonystar Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:30 pm

headbanger

Stupid Norton. Hubby hates it cause it takes over your computer. Mcafee too. We just use windows defender and occasionally an internet scan and you know what? we haven't had a virus for YEARS!!!! Which is impressive considering I occasionally dabble in torrents and other, er virus carrying files. (torrents are used mostly for linux users, for those who've never heard of it. They're open source so anyone can put anything there.) If you back up every now and again you have nothing to fear from viruses. A nice reformat can take care of anything.

Sorry That's my virus soapbox LOL. I'm very opinionated and think WAY too many people are WAY too afraid. Just back up.

Sorry about your puter. Again, dumb Norton. No
Harmonystar
Harmonystar
New Scrapmaniac Here

Back to top Go down

Post  Bev Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:36 pm

That is so good to know!! I have McAfee on one, Norton on this on and CA on the desktop. The McAfee and CA have expired and I was wondering what I should do. Now I know!!! Thanks!!

Harmonystar wrote:headbanger

Stupid Norton. Hubby hates it cause it takes over your computer. Mcafee too. We just use windows defender and occasionally an internet scan and you know what? we haven't had a virus for YEARS!!!! Which is impressive considering I occasionally dabble in torrents and other, er virus carrying files. (torrents are used mostly for linux users, for those who've never heard of it. They're open source so anyone can put anything there.) If you back up every now and again you have nothing to fear from viruses. A nice reformat can take care of anything.

Sorry That's my virus soapbox LOL. I'm very opinionated and think WAY too many people are WAY too afraid. Just back up.

Sorry about your puter. Again, dumb Norton. No
Bev
Bev
Admin

http://www.scrapbookingmania.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:31 pm

I just feel safer because my husband can be a moron when it comes to downloading things [he doesn't double check things] and with me being online 24-7 pretty much, I don't trust Windows to keep me safe when it comes to viruses, considering how vunerable their systems are proven to be.

That, and the computer was running sluggish as hell. I needed to clean it up, and this was the easiest way to do it Wink
Sarah
Sarah
ScrapManiac Intern

http://tm2ts.sarahsmidnightfantasy.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum